JACKSONVILLE, FL - OCTOBER 24: Josh Scobee #10 of the Jacksonville Jaguars kicks a field goal against the Baltimore Ravens at EverBank Field on October 24, 2011 in Jacksonville Florida. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)
Pointing out the negatives on a 2-6 team isn't difficult, but when something as positive as Josh Scobee's first half of the season happens, it's worth pointing out. Here are some facts about Scobee's first eight games of the season:
- He is a perfect 14 of 14 on field goal attempts and 8 for 8 on extra point attempts
- Scobee is 5 for 5 from 50+ yards away, with three of those that came in one game and tied an NFL record.
- Only two kickers in the history of the NFL have finished with a perfect season: Mike Vanderjagt's 37-37 season in 2003 and Gary Anderson's 35-35 season in 1998. (Note: Anderson only had two 50+ attempts in 1998 and Vanderjagt had just one in 2003.)
- Scobee is tied with Sebastian Janikowski for the most 50+ yard field goals made this season, although Janikowski missed one of his six attempts. Both are on pace to break the NFL record for 50+ yard field goals in a season of eight.
- He is just 52 points behind Mike Hollis for the all-time franchise leader in points.