So with the ongoing
debate argument about Blaine Gabbert, I thought it was a fine time to roll out my mock for April's draft. I also provide reasoning for each choice below as well.
- CB Morris Claiborne 6'0'' 185lbs LSU
- WR Juron Criner 6'4'' 212lbs Arizona
- OT Tony Bergstrom 6'6'' 315lbs Utah
- WR T.Y. Hilton 5'10'' 183lbs FIU
- DE Shea McClellin 6'3'' 255lbs Boise State
- P Shawn Powell 6'4''' 235lbs Florida State
- Morris Claiborne: This one's pretty self-explanatory. I don't think we're going to keep Rashean and Claiborne across from Cox with the law firm of Landry & Lowery behind them would give the Jags a good secondary for years to come.
- Juron Criner: Gabbert, or whoever the hell is going to be QB, is going to need someone to throw to. Criner provides a big target with great hands who also has great jumping ability. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSTDBS38W8
- Tony Bergstrom: A mammoth of a tackle who was a 4-year starter at Utah. I think he has the talent and the brains (he's majoring in Chemical Engineering) to come in and start at RT next year.
- T.Y. Hilton: The little speedster from Miami would be steal in the 4th round. What the 4-year starter lacks in height he makes up for in speed, quickness, agility, and hands. He also has experience as both a kickoff and punter returner.
- Shea McClellin: A 3-year starter who would bring toughness and tenacity to the DL. He would be great for depth for the next couple seasons could eventually take Roth's spot.
- Shawn Powell: We need a punter and his name's not Nick Harris.