Before I get to anything, let me reface by saying I missed the 3rd quarter of the game so anything that went on there IDK about, but from my understanding everything I am about to say held true in the third quarter as well.
- Gabbert is getting better. Is he ever going to be more than a "very good" QB. I am starting to highly doubt it, and given the fact that he cost us a 2nd rounder as well, and was a top 10 pick, that is slightly disappointing. At this point I say that you really got to stick with him.(Not saying I want this or think this happens, but the good thing though is that if in another 2 years he really is not where you want him to be or need him to be, this rookie contract is manageable enough that you could go out draft another QB and let him finish off the contract as the backup.)
- Is the lack of talent at WR leading to the gameplan, or is the gameplan not really enabling the WRs to show that they can gain separation downfield? On TV, you can only see so much of the play, so I have no idea whether WRs have been going downfield and just not getting separation, or whether they are just not going downfield because of playcalling.
- While the talent at WR, regardless of the answer to the above point, is clearly lacking, I must admit that Cecil Shorts/ TD grab really impressed me to the point of thinking he could develop into a solid WR. Not to say he is the solution, but I definitely think that he has a future on this team as a contributor, albeit not a contributor in the return game.
- Speaking of the return game, WTF?!!! That was just an overall poor showing, and I am not sure if there is anyone on this team, other than MAYBE Mike Thomas who I would want consistently returning kickoffs and punts. I might be missing something as to why the return game was so awful in particular last night, but I was thoroughly underwhelmed by it.
- A good defense can only be so good, when playing Ashton Youboty and Kevin Rutland at the starting CB spots, especially against Phillip Rivers, Malcolm Floyd, and Vincent Jackson. To be honest, I thought Rutland was straight up awful, and might go so far as to say I would have rather seen David Jones playing than him.
- The muffed snap on the FG made me laugh more than anything. Fluke play that luckily came in a game that was essentially over at that point. It was pretty comedic seeing Harris running after that ball and then finally falling on top of it.
- While not from last night's game, this is a clip from an earlier Chargers game that you may or may not have seen, but it really took me back when I saw it.
- Finally, this is totally unrelated to the actual game, but I must say that from the aerial shots of Jacksonville, you got yourselves a pretty nice looking city. After seeing on TV a massive sign calling for the Jags to trade for Tebow, I got seriously worried that until imbeciles like that are silenced, this franchise is going to continue to be portrayed negatively. Get behind this team and this "administration" and support this team!! I do no want such a nice looking city to continue getting all of this negative press in the national media.