You really don't have to jump off the Jaguar Band Wagon after three weeks of preseason games. I remember in my younger days when the New Orleans Saints went undefeated in their first preseason. We all know how that worked out. Fans, do we have issues? Yes! Along with 32 other teams. Let's keep things in perspective:
1. No OTAs
2. No film study with coaches
3. No access to facilities: Trainers, Weights, and Playbooks
4. Five weeks of practice. Just like high school preseason!
It has been a scramble and all teams have been using the preseason to look at everybody. What concerns do I have?
1. Wide-Outs - It's scary, but manageable. Cecil Shorts will have the plays down pat by week two (Remember, he's been on the team for five weeks). In my opinion, Thomas is fine and Hill is pushing too hard. He will be fine too!
2. Kampman and MJD - We'll see them on Thursday - In my opinion, keeping them fresh will show dividends in November.
3. Garrard - More time together with the group, the better David gets. He is feeling the heat of the new kid on the block! My biggest question: Is David 100% healthy?
4. I have seen more posts about no sacks. IT"S PRESEASON and we have applied the heat when healthy.
Now for the positives!!!
1. Chris Johnson is not in camp and cannot be ready for the first week. I don't care whet his agent is saying.
3. The season has not started (see Jump off the Band Wagon and Preseason).
4. Is Payton going to make it to game one or a complete season? What happens after the first time he takes a really good hit.
I'll check back on September 13th!
Brian in AZ