I was giddy as hell when the Jags brought home a W when most (talking about you PK and Warner) thought it would be a loss. I didn't see much of the game but I did see one play that baffles me. Was Britt invisible or what? It looked like Session went right through him.
Now onto the Jets where we got 2 DB's off of them during the offseason. I think this is a perfectly winnable game. My five keys to victory after the jump.
- Balance- I think we have established just from that one game that Luke is a better passer than DG. We need to balance the offense. Get the run established and then start passing. Outside of Revis, none of the DB's scare me. If we can get the defense guessing, this is going to be a good game for Luke and MJD.
- Make Sanchez Uncomfortable- The defense showed flashes of it last week and if they improve on it, they should get at least 2 sacks. When Sanchez is under pressure, he makes mistakes. Given the fact that the Jaguars run nickle quite a bit, this should be fun.
- Missed Tackles- This goes back to Session's missed tackle. It looked like Session could have laid Britt out. If we can fix this, we should be in good shape. I like the Defense and think they can only get better.
- MJD- I am going to make this short. GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL!!!! If he wants a few more carries, give them to him. He showed no downside and "Pocket Hercules" is back.
- Balls Out- That is the nickname from the receivers to Luke McCown. If Luke is as good at getting the ball out as the guys say, then let him throw. I want to see what he has and if he is as good then I think defenses are in trouble because stopping MJD AND whoever at receiver is going to be hard.
Those are my five keys and those apply to the season.
My prediction: 20-23 Jaguars with Scobee making a 63 Yard FG.