All eyes in free agency have been on WR and DE as positions the Jaguars need to address. What about the CB position? Mathis is a free agent coming off knee surgery. The talk has been that the Jaguars were not going to bring him back before the knee injury. Mathis will be 32 years old in August. Will the Jaguars be looking to sign a CB in free agency or draft a CB? The Jaguars cannot address every need they have in the draft or free agency alone.
- Brandon Carr (Kansas City Chiefs) Carr’s best years are still ahead of him at 26 years old. Carr is the best CB available in free agency. Carr will command big money. The Chiefs may slap him with the franchise tag.
- Brent Grimes (Atlanta Falcons) Grimes is a small fast CB. When he was off the field the Falcon’s wasn’t a good. Grimes is now 28 years old and could be looking for that last big payday.
- Cortland Finnegan (Tennessee Titans) Like Grimes Finnegan is 28 years. Finnegan is a physical CB. Rumor is that the Titans will not resign him. The Lions and the Jaguars have been rumored to be interested in Finnegan.
- Carlos Rogers (San Francisco 49ers) Rogers had a good season with the 49ers. Rogers is 30 years old and has been inconsistent. Rogers will be looking for a big payday after having a good season with the 49ers.
- Tracy Porter (New Orleans Saints) Porter is a good CB that can be left on an island. Porter is only 25 years old, making him a long-term solution at CB. The Saints won’t be able to bring him back.
- Aaron Ross (New York Giants) It doesn’t look like the Giants will resign Ross. Ross at 29 years old has been solid during his time in New York. Ross may not cost too much.
- Stanford Routt (Oakland Raiders) The Raiders released Routt and got out of having to pay him big money. Routt has already started visiting teams. Routt got beat a lot last season.
The Jaguars are not expected to go into next season William Middleton being the starting CB next to Cox. There are good CBs in the draft that the Jags could have their eyes on.