In this divisive time, I may have come up with a compromise that might save the city.
We all know the issue: Jacksonville has to decide weather or not to make a popular decision for non-football reasons, or an unpopular one that best preserves our team's chances to succeed in the long haul. I may not be the first one to think of this, but here goes the best compromise I can think of for all sides:
1) Change the name of the team to the Jacksonville Tebows. The new logo can be a silhouette of the Man in his namesake pose.
2) Hire Tim to be the new mascot, replacing Jaxson Deville (Love you Jaxson, but in times like these sacrifices MUST be made.)
3) Let Tim run up and down the sidelines, bungee jump from the light towers, throw t-shirts to the fans, bounce around on the air stilts, and try to signal all FG attempts by the opposition as "out."
4) Keep Blaine at QB if he works out, or bring in a better prospect if he doesn't. Tim can have the Mascot job for as long as he is physically able to do it.
5) When Tebow decides to retire/heads to the great "Overtime in the sky," we can debate changing the name of the team back to the Jaguars. If we decide to stick with the Jacksonville Tebows, a new Mascot costume, complete with halo, harp and wings can be fitted to the new performer.
Additional ideas/input welcome.