The Jacksonville Jaguars haven't garnered many, and to be truthful I don't know if they've had any, during their 2013 season, but on Sunday linebacker Paul Posluszny's performance was apparently worthy of being honored.
The league named Posluszny the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his game against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, in which he picked up eight tackles and forced a fumble, one of the Jaguars four turnovers forced on defense.
Discussion about Poz always seems to go to the extreme one way or the other, though despite being ridiculously overpaid, he's still a solid linebacker in the middle. He suffered a concussion late in Sunday's game and it appears he may not be a go for the Jaguars return home on Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.
He's been one of the top dogs for the Jaguars defensively and the coaching staff loves him, so he'd be a big loss on Sunday.
More from Big Cat Country:
- NFL odds, Cardinals vs. Jaguars 2013: Jacksonville home dogs again
- Dwayne Gratz shines in return to starting lineup
- Jaguars scoreboards: Jacksonville approves $63 million in EverBank improvements
- LaRoy Reynolds suspended 4 games for PED violation
- Will Blackmon 'predicted' he'd get a fumble and win before the game