Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Paul Posluszny suffered a concussion against the Tennessee Titans last Sunday, when he and defensive end Andre Branch collided on a tackle. Posluszny got up and immediately collapsed on the field. He was ruled out the rest of the game, as an equipment manager had to hide his helmet, and he's now been ruled out of Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals.
For all the criticism Posluszny receivers for his massive contract, he's still a leader on the defense and makes all the calls, so he'll be missed.
In his stead will be veteran Russell Allen, who will be moving in from his outside linebacker spot. This means that there should be more John Lotulelei on the field, who the Jaguars claimed on waivers a few weeks ago.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jacksonville Jaguars precision play of the Week, Week 10: Paul Posluszny forced fumble
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars: THE BCC PREVIEW EXTRAVAGANZA
- NFL picks Week 11 2013: Can the Jaguars get back-to-back wins?
- Paul Posluszny injury: Jaguars LB misses Thursday practice, unlikely to play vs. Cardinals
- EverBank scoreboards: Who's paying for them?