The Jaguars are one step closer to making the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, as they are the only remaining one-win team in the league. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers earned a second consecutive on Sunday that launched them to fifth in the draft order and left the Jaguars all alone at the top.
Better yet for the Jaguars, they have an advantage in the strength of schedule tiebreaker over each of the four two-win teams that round out the top five of the 2014 NFL Draft order.
Up next for the Jaguars is an important game against the Houston Texans in that it will have a large impact on the draft order. However, even if the Jaguars win that game, the most likely scenario is that the team remains in control of the No. 1 pick.
Here are the top 12 selections as they stand with six weeks remaining:
|5||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||2-8||91-69||0.569|
|6||St. Louis Rams (via Redskins)||3-7||83-79||0.512|
More from Big Cat Country:
- EverBank scoreboards: Who's paying for them?
- NFL picks Week 11 2013: Can the Jaguars get back-to-back wins?
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars final score: Jacksonville offense sputters in 27-14 loss
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars: THE BCC PREVIEW EXTRAVAGANZA
- Jacksonville Jaguars precision play of the Week, Week 10: Paul Posluszny forced fumble