The Houston Texans dropped an eighth consecutive game on Sunday and in the process, benched second-year quarterback Case Keenum, but the team is sticking with the undrafted passer in Week 12, as head coach Gary Kubiak told reporters on Monday that he's sticking with Matt Schaub in a backup role.
Keenum, 25, has made four starts for the Texans in 2013 and has an 0-4 record in those games, completing 55.6 percent of his passes for 992 yards, eight touchdowns and one interception. Schaub has tossed eight touchdowns and nine interceptions in 2013, starting in six games.
The Texans are in the top 10 in both total offense and defense, but rank in the bottom 10 in points scored and allowed. Particularly frustrated has been wide receiver Andre Johnson, who was involved in a heated sideline argument with Schaub during the team's Week 11 loss.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars final score: Jacksonville offense sputters in 27-14 loss
- 2014 NFL Draft order: Jaguars control top pick
- Cardinals vs. Jaguars results: Gus Bradley, players talk after the game
- Cecil Shorts voices frustration in Jaguars offense
- NFL picks Week 11 2013: Can the Jaguars get back-to-back wins?