The Jacksonville Jaguars have agreed to terms with free agent running back Delone Carter, according to multiple reports. The former Syracuse running back was originally drafted in the fourth round by the Indianapolis Colts in the 2011 NFL Draft.
Heading into the 2011 NFL Draft, Carter was considered an under-the-radar type back who could be a mid-round steal by someone, but he finished his rookie season with just 101 carries for 377 yards and 2 touchdowns.
The move to sign Carter likely paves the way for Justin Forsett to hit injured reserve. The Jaguars wanted to wait to see if it was a season ending type injury, and this move likely means that it is.
- NFL odds Week 15, Bills vs. Jaguars: Jacksonville still an underdog
- Bills vs. Jaguars 2013: Live coverage, score updates and more
- 2014 NFL Draft order: Jaguars still owners of top 5 pick despite win streak
- Texans vs. Jaguars: Analyzing snap counts (defense)
- Texans vs. Jaguars: Analyzing snap counts (offense)