Notes: I think position approach in this mock is relevant given we fill the following position in free agency.
Sign a RT and get a good one.
I think this is pretty realistic, but feel free to rip it apart. I'm fairly new to commenting on the blog, but its interesting to see what players grab our attention. I know there are a lot of UGA guys here. They just happen to be talented, fit a need, and be projected in these rounds.
1. Ezekial Ansah DE BYU \ Dion Jordan DE Oregon
- I lean towards Ansah here. I think he will be a premier pass rusher in the league. He needs some coaching, but who better to make him great than Bradley and his staff.
- Jordan is intriguing because he can fit the LEO and still be able to drop back into coverage. His height and speed is unique. He was originally recruited as a Tight End if I'm not mistaken.
2. Alec Ogletree OLB UGA \ Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State - Replacement for Daryl Smith. Take the one available. Both would come in and start on day one. We need a good young LB.
3. Darius Slay CB Ms State - Good size and Speed. Possibly replace Cox if he is not resigned. If we sign cox the we have are two starting CB's.
4. Kwame Geathers DT UGA - A lot of upside for a late round pick. Brings talent and competition to the DT position. We may lose Knighton and he could be a replacement.
5. Sanders Commings CB UGA - Big corner, fits Bradley scheme, and has the talent to be a higher round pick. Character issues cause him to drop. His profile weaknesses are that he struggles when NOT in press man. Solution we need a press man CB and that's his strength.
6. Matt Scott QB Arizona - Familiar with new QB coach. The coach also speaks highly of him. Has similar talent to a Russel Wilson, but lacks his polish and experience as a prospect. He can come in compete.
7. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio ST - Athletic TE, similar to Aaron Hernandez. He would be another weapon on offense and a contrast to the Mercedes Lewis. I know this comparison is a stretch beyond ridiculous but I'm comparing the roles not talent. The combination in roles would be similar to Gronk and Hernandez in NE.