Maurice Jones-Drew will not be charged in St. Augustine bar incident | jacksonville.com
Maurice Jones-Drew will not face criminal charges after being accused of assaulting a security guard during a May 26 incident at a St. Augustine restaurant-bar.But Jones-Drew’s legal woes may not be over because Patrick Canan, the attorney for security guard Kasim Howard, said he will file a civil suit against the Jaguars running back.Canan noted the evidence standard in a civil trial isn’t “beyond a reasonable doubt’’ but a “preponderance of evidence.’’
Surveillance video of Conch House in Maurice Jones Drew incident - YouTube
Raw video of the actual incident that took place at the Conch House.
We lead this Deep-in-the-Dead-Zone, looking-high-and-low-for-angles Fabulous Four with a thought on a news item that may have gotten lost if you weren’t paying attention – that is, the signing of rookie right tackle Luke Joeckel. As expected, the Jaguars and Joeckel reached an agreement Saturday, and Joeckel signed his contract that night before heading to the NFL’s Rookie Symposium. The news came four days after cornerback Dwayne Gratz and safety Johnathan Cyprien signed their rookie contracts, and the lack of fanfare around all of the signings provided further evidence that any teeth-gnashing over the pace at which the Jaguars have signed draft picks this offseason is energy and time wasted.
Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew told reporters earlier this month that he has the body of a 23-year-old. Despite questions over his ongoing recovery from season-ending Lisfranc surgery, MJD is confident he'll be ready for the campaign. "The foot feels great," he told The Florida Times-Union on Monday during his celebrity golf tournament in St. Augustine, Fla. Jones-Drew later returned to Miami, where he continues to rehab the foot, which he said will be healed in time for next month's training camp.