Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert went down with an ankle injury late in Monday's training camp practice. Initially it looked as if Gabbert was clutching his knee, but offensive guard Uche Nwaneri had stepped on his ankle during a drill.
Gabbert looked as if he was going to walk it off at one point, but then was assisted by the trainers to the trainer tent and then carted off at the end of practice, just as a precautionary measure.
"It happened right in front of me. I saw it and it look liked he got a foot knocked into his ankle a little bit, so we’ll do some more tests on that," Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley said after practice. "I know Mike Ryan took him in and as we find out those tests we’ll let you know. I know he was going in and he’s got a day off tomorrow too so that will be beneficial to him. As we find out we’ll let you know."
Gabbert didn't have a boot on his foot or walk with a significant limp when seen in the locker room later and asserts he's fine. The day off on Tuesday should help his recovery, as he can't afford to miss time right now with his starting position unsettled.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars 2013 training camp day 4: Blaine Gabbert injured, Ace Sanders stands out
- Marcedes Lewis looking forward in his Jaguars career
- Jaguars stress ball security for Denard Robinson
- Justin Blackmon still involved, despite being on Jaguars PUP list
- Jaguars 2013 training camp day 3: Quarterbacks bounce back, Mike Brown shines