JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- I got to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice fields this morning just three plays into full-team work. Some quick thoughts on what I saw and heard:
Jaguars defensive end Jeremy Mincey has a simple criteria for judging rookie offensive tackle Luke Joeckel. "I haven't seen him knocked on his butt yet," Mincey said. "That's a big plus. I usually like to get a hold of the young rooks and welcome them to the league, but he's been holding his own."
JACKSONVILLE - As
Cameron Bradfield was given every opportunity to lock down a starting job at right tackle last season, but the Jaguars decided to give it back to Guy Whimper in the last two games. Despite No. 1 draft pick Luke Joeckel now being entrenched in his old starting job, Bradfield isn't feeling bad about the demotion. The undrafted free agent from Grand Valley State simply wants to focus on doing everything he can to be a part of the final 53-man roster.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars 2013 training camp day 5: Blaine Gabbert sits out, Denard Robinson picks it up
- Blaine Gabbert injury: Jaguars QB sits out team drills, says he's fine
- Jonathan Cyprien injury: Jaguars safety should catch up quickly
- Tyson Alualu readjusting as Jaguars DE, still working at DT
- Jaguars 2013 training camp schedule: Pads go on Wednesday