Gabbert returns to 11-on-11 drills | jacksonville.com
Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert returned to 11-on-11 drills during Thursday's practice. Gabbert didn't participate in 11-on-11 work during Wednesday's practice after spraining his ankle in Monday's session. Gabbert was 3-of-5 passing in 11-on-11. He completed a nice throw to receiver Cecil Shorts 20 yards downfield. However, Shorts was stripped by safety Dwight Lowery and safety Chris Prosinski recovered the ball, returning it 40 yards for a score.
First Off the Field: 8/1
JACKSONVILLE – Blaine Gabbert progressed a little more on Thursday. Gabbert, competing with Chad Henne for the Jaguars’ starting quarterback role, was limited for a second consecutive day with a right ankle sprain sustained late in practice on Monday. Gabbert worked in the full-padded practice with both ankles taped. He participated in positional drills and 7-on-7 work, and also participated in three plays of live team drills.
Jaguars practice report | jacksonville.com
Henne again started the first-team reps and it was an eight-play series, followed by Scott (eight), Gabbert (three), Henne (four), Scott (seven), Gabbert (three), Henne (five) and Scott (six). Mike Kafka and Denard Robinson took no quarterback snaps during the 11-on-11 periods.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars training camp 2013: Luke Joeckel as advertised
- Jaguars 2013 training camp schedule and open thread
- Jaguars news roundup: Joeckel stays standing, Bradfield fighting for a roster spot
- Jaguars 2013 training camp day 5: Blaine Gabbert sits out, Denard Robinson picks it up
- Blaine Gabbert injury: Jaguars QB sits out team drills, says he's fine