The Jacksonville Jaguars have been splitting reps at the quarterback position between Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne with the hopes that one will emerge as the Jaguars starting quarterback. That hasn't exactly happened yet, as both appear to be pretty even, but offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch doesn't appear to be too concerned.
"I think as we look at it if they're continuing to improve, they're going to continue to stay close. If neither is improving then they're going to continue to stay close," Fisch told John Oehser of Jaguars.com. "I look at it as saying, they're both competing hard, they're both working as hard as they can work and they're both preparing to the point that they're really in control when they go out there."
Close is exactly what they've been, as the only real difference between the two is seemingly how long they've been alive. It would appear it's going to remain close through the preseason, right up until the coaching staff ultimately decides on a starter. The best thing though, would be for someone to simply step up and take hold of the competition.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars vs. Jets injury report 2013: Cecil Shorts, Luke Joeckel sit out
- Jonathan Cyprien makes Jaguars return felt in practice
- Jaguars vs. Jets: Should Blaine Gabbert or Chad Henne start?
- Justin Blackmon injury: Jaguars WR added to active roster
- Jonathan Cyprien injury: Jaguars safety returns to practice