The preseason debut of the Jacksonville Jaguars didn't go as planned against the Miami Dolphins, as the team lost 27-3 and struggled to get much of anything going offensively. On Saturday night the Jaguars will have a chance to right the ship in the second preseason game of the year with a tilt against the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium.
Like the Jaguars, the Jets have had some well-documented struggles at quarterback, but unlike the Jaguars they elected to try and help that issue with a selection in the 2013 NFL Draft. The Jets selected Geno Smith in the second round to add competition to the quarterback position; however, Smith will not be playing on Saturday meaning the Jaguars will instead see more of Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy.
For the Jaguars, Blaine Gabbert is still the one in the lead of the quarterback battle and will make the start for the team on Saturday. After Gabbert, Chad Henne, Mike Kafka and Matt Scott will likely each take some snaps under center.
Saturday will also feature the debut of Jaguars second-round pick Johnathan Cyprien.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 roster cheat sheet for Jets preseason game
- Jaguars vs. Jets preseason 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more
- Jaguars vs. Jets 2013: Maurice Jones-Drew, Justin Blackmon will play
- Jaguars vs. Jets 2013 betting odds: Jacksonville getting 3.5 points
- Chad Henne not disappointed in Jaguars QB decision