Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jeremy Mincey was absent from the practice field on Friday, leading many to wonder if he was released or traded. Turns out, the Jaguars defensive end was held out of practice because he suffered a head contusion the day before, according to head coach Gus Bradley.
"Yeah, that’s a preliminary diagnosis," Bradley said after practice when asked if Mincey had a concussion. "I think they’re going to evaluate him this afternoon and see. He’s going to see a neurologist and then they will further evaluate it for us."
Mincey is viewed as a player who could be on the bubble going forward, because he doesn't necessarily fit right into the Jaguars defensive scheme. He's been taking reps with both the first and second team defense as a five-technique defensive end and as a pass rushing defensive tackle on passing downs.
More from Big Cat Country:
- New Jaguars logo merchandise flying off shelves
- Jaguars 2013 training camp recap day 6: Roundup of camp reports
- Justin Forsett injury: Jaguars RB injures toe in practice
- Jaguars training camp 2013: Luke Joeckel as advertised
- Jaguars 2013 training camp day 5: Blaine Gabbert sits out, Denard Robinson picks it up