The Jacksonville Jaguars have opened up as three point underdogs in their upcoming preseason matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles, according to OddsShark. The Jaguars return home to EverBank for the ever "important" third preseason game as home dogs, for anyone who bets on preseason football.
The Jaguars will be without starting quarterback Blaine Gabbert, as he has a hairline fracture on his thumb on his throwing hand and the team has decided to rest him for the remainder of the preseason. This means that Chad Henne is going to get the lion's share of the playing time at quarterback, but nothing he does will change the situation.
On the other hand the Eagles have decided to roll with quarterback Michael Vick to run Chip Kelly's offense going forward. Vick looks to play roughly a half of football and then will be replaced by Nick Foles and Matt Barkley.
The Jaguars have struggled to score points in preseason games so far this season, but the over/under for the game is set for 43.5 points.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Seahawks roster bubble could provide possible Jaguars waiver claims
- Eagles vs. Jaguars 2013: Everything you need to know
- Eagles vs. Jaguars 2013 injury report: Jacksonville still nursing minor knocks
- Gus Bradley and Shad Khan are 'weak and insecure', according to ESPN
- Marcedes Lewis injury: Jaguars TE misses practice