One week ago neither the Jaguars nor the Philadelphia Eagles had made an official decision regarding their starting quarterbacks, but now both teams have officially ended their respective quarterback battles.
While the Eagles will take the field on Saturday led by their Week 1 starter, Michael Vick, the Jaguars will play with Chad Henne under center to start, as Blaine Gabbert is out with a fractured thumb.
The third preseason game is typically considered to be the most realistic simulation to a regular season game and will likely feature extended playing time for many of the starters for both teams. That could mean extended play time for many of the more well known players on the Jaguars, although players returning from injury like Cecil Shorts III and Maurice Jones-Drew will likely see limited snaps.
Kickoff for Saturday's game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET at EverBank Field and will be televised locally in Jacksonville on CBS 47.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Eagles vs. Jaguars preseason 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more
- Eagles vs. Jaguars weather forecast: Will it rain during the game?
- Blaine Gabbert shows patience growth from Week 1 to Week 2
- Madden 25 Ratings Released: Jaguars Fare As You Would Expect
- Jaguars news roundup 8/24