The Jacksonville Jaguars saw offensive guard Will Rackley go down with a leg injury early against the Philadelphia Eagles, and there was some concern it could be a long term injury. Rackley had an X-ray and MRI on his leg, the X-ray coming back negative.
Rackley told reporters on Monday that he just has a sprain and there is no major structural damage.
Guard Will Rackley has been diagnosed with a sprained ankle but should be good for week 1 against Kansas City. #Jaguars— Jessica Blaylock (@JessBlaylock) August 26, 2013
It's unlikely that Rackley plays against the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday as a precautionary measure.
Rackley has dealt with injuries his whole career to date, including sitting out the 2012 season with an injury he suffered early in training camp.
More from Big Cat Country:
- NFL roster cuts: Jaguars have a battle at defensive end
- NFL roster cuts tracker: Who can the Jaguars pick up?
- Maurice Jones-Drew injury: Jaguars RB a fantasy football steal waiting to happen
- Eagles vs. Jaguars 2013 results: Looking at the advanced metrics
- NFL roster cuts 2013: Jaguars slim competition at LEO