Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jeremy Mincey missed his third consecutive practice, following suffering what the team is calling a "head contusion" in Thursday's practice. Mincey was not on the practice field at all on Friday, nor did he participate in the scrimmage on Saturday. The team sent him to a neurologist on Friday afternoon.
On Monday, Mincey was once again not practicing marking the third day in a row he's missed and it this point puts his availability for Friday's preseason matchup with the Miami Dolphins into question.
That's a hell of a "head bruise".
Also remaining out of practice are Justin Blackmon, Jonathan Cyprien, and Justin Forsett.
Update 1:50 p.m. ET: Mincey officially has a "minor" concussion.
Jaguars DE Jeremy Mincey diagnosed with low-grade concussion, hopes to be back to practice by end of week— Mark Long (@APMarkLong) August 5, 2013
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars waive Taylor Price, Stephane Milhim
- Jaguars WR Ace Sanders was a draft target for Rams
- Football Outsiders on the Jaguars: Concern with Maurice Jones-Drew's durability?
- Football Outsiders on the Jaguars: How does a rookie defensive back field usually fare?
- Football Outsiders on the Jaguars: Is Cecil Shorts 2012 season sustainable?