The Jaguars are trailing the Miami Dolphins, 14-3, after two quarters of play in the first preseason game of the year at Everbank Field. While the score would indicate a rough start to exhibition play for the Jaguars, there have been some positive signs for the team so far.
Most notably was the strong play of the starting defensive line that kept consistent pressure on Dolphins starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Particularly, Sen'Derrick Marks and Tyson Alualu looked comfortable in Gus Bradley's scheme and consistently beat the players across from them.
Also exciting was the special teams play of rookie punt returners Ace Sanders and Tobais Palmer, who each excited the crowd with 22-yard returns following stops by the Jaguars defense.
However, as the score would suggest, the Jaguars offense struggled to get much of anything going with Blaine Gabbert at the helm and didn't have a sustained drive until Chad Henne faced the Dolphins' second defensive unit.
More from Big Cat Country:
- How to watch Dolphins vs. Jaguars online, TV schedule, radio and more
- Dolphins vs. Jaguars 2013: First half game thread
- Dolphins vs. Jaguars 2013 injury report: Jeremy Mincey, Brandon Deaderick sidelined
- Dolphins vs. Jaguars weather forecast: Will it rain during the game?
- Dolphins vs. Jaguars 2013: Who are some Miami guys to watch?