The Jacksonville Jaguars are thought to be one of the teams considering drafting a quarterback at the top of the 2014 NFL Draft, but on Monday general manager David Caldwell played it coy with the media when asked directly about it.
"I cannot say with certainty," Caldwell responded with a grin when asked if the team would address the position in the draft.
"There are no guarantees in the draft," Caldwell added. "To be quite frank, we don’t even know what quarterbacks are going to be available in the draft right now. So with certainty, I can’t tell you that."
Caldwell later admitted that there are quite a few positions the Jaguars would like to upgrade in the NFL Draft and quarterback was one of those positions, but until all the quarterbacks have declared for the draft, it's unlikely Caldwell will admit anything directly about the team's plans.
The team will draft a quarterback in 2014, however.
- Jaguars unlikely to cut Marcedes Lewis
- 2014 NFL Draft: Bowl prospects 1/1 (Gator, Heart of Dallas, Outback, Capital One, Rose, Fiesta)
- 2014 NFL Draft: Bowl prospects 12/30 (Advocare V100, Sun, Liberty, Chick-fil-A)
- Jaguars would like to bring Blaine Gabbert back, but not really
- Jaguars will let Maurice Jones-Drew test free agency