Justin Blackmon is suspended indefinitely for substance abuse, but Jaguars owner Shad Khan "absolutely" hopes that the young wide receiver will remain with the team following his reinstatement into the league, according to Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union.
The future of Blackmon with the team is certainly in doubt, as his contract and string of suspensions have led to speculation that his time with the Jaguars could be done after just 20 games, but there's no question that he is a talent that the Jaguars could use. Selected fifth-overall in the 2012 NFL Draft, Blackmon has racked up 93 receptions for 1,280 yards and six touchdowns in his limited time with the team.
Blackmon received a four-game suspension during the 2013 offseason for substance abuse and played in just four games before receiving another suspension for substance abuse.
He was previously arrested for driving under the influence during his time at Oklahoma State in 2010 and shortly after he was drafted by the Jaguars in 2012.
- Shahid Khan: 'We're going to draft a quarterback - maybe two'
- Brandon Marshall on Jaguars, Broncos and feeling 'extremely blessed'
- Super Bowl recipes: Make bowl winning chili
- The Jaguars Robocop: Which player would you turn into a robot?
- 2014 Super Bowl XLVIII commercials: The Muppets and Terry Crews