The offensive line is one of the biggest areas of need for the Jacksonville Jaguars heading into the 2014 offseason. It's an area I would expect the team to address in both free agency and the 2014 NFL Draft. We don't know which free agents will be available yet, but it's very possible the Jaguars will look to spend a good chunk upgrading either guard or center in free agency, then coming back around in the draft at the same position.
Returning Offensive lineman
Departing Offensive lineman
Cameron Bradfield, 26, RFA
Brad Meester, 36 (retiring)
Austin Pasztor, 23, ERFA
Potential Free Agent Targets
Alex Mack, 28, C
Jon Asamoah, 25, G
John Jerry, 26, G
Shawn Lauvao, 26, G
Zane Beadles, 26, G
Vladimir Ducasse, 26, G
First of all, I'm not sure Alex Mack will make it to actual free agency, but he's seemed to indicate he'd like to test the waters rather than automatically re-sign in Cleveland. It's also possible the Browns franchise tag him. Another interesting option is impending Chiefs free agent Jon Asamoah, who was one of the better and underrated interior lineman in 2013.
- BCS National Championship 2014, Florida State vs. Auburn: NFL Draft prospects
- NFL free agency 2014: Jaguars will be thin at QB
- Ever wonder what it's like jumping off the lights at EverBank Field?
- NFL playoffs 2014 results: More evidence a good QB is necessary
- 2014 NFL Draft: Blake Bortles to forego senior season, according to report