National signing day is a lot like the NFL Draft for college football, so it's fun sometimes to look back and see where NFL players on your teams ranked as recruits coming out of high school. It's a quick way to find out the rating system is inherently flawed, but obviously there's no perfect way to do it.
So how does the Jaguars current coster rank?
Sam Young, Marcedes Lewis, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne and Mike Brewster
Maurice Jones-Drew, Luke Joeckel, Roy Miller, Geno Hayes, Lamaar Thomas, Sen'Derrick Marks, Ace Sanders, Josh Evans, Denard Robinson, Will Blackmon, Abry Jones, Jacques McClendon, Drake Nevis, Matt Scott and Mike Harris.
Paul Posluszny, Justin Blackmon, Russell Allen, Tyson Alualu, Ricky Stanzi, Brandon Deaderick, Alan Ball, Bryan Anger, Winston Guy, LaRoy Reynolds and Dwayne Gratz.
Johnathan Cyprien, Uche Nwaneri, Andre Branch, Chris Prosinski, Austin Pasztor, Jordan Todman, Kyle Love, Drew Nowak, Allen Reisner, Jeremy Harris and Justin Forsett
Jason Babin, Cecil Shorts, Will Rackley, Mike Brown, Demetrius McCray, Cameron Bradfield, John Lotulelei, Stephen Burton, Clay Harbor, Will Ta'ufo'ou and Ryan Davis.
Note: I didn't look up some of the more fringe players on the roster.
- NFL teams that have never won the Super Bowl: Jaguars among 13
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft database (2/4)
- Super Bowl 48 results: Champion Seahawks could supply Jaguars with free agent targets
- EverBank Field renovations: New renderings of Jaguars stadium scoreboards revealed
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Jaguars shore up three needs