Let me first start off by saying that I'm not a gambler nor am I trying to get anyone to become one. However I find betting lines to be fascinating because they provide an outside perspective at how the experts and the masses feel about the team we know inside and out. There's an objectivity that is hard to replicate by fans such as ourselves. Whether or not we're more accurate with our predictions than these lines can only be found out by letting the season play out.
We have expected a significantly better pass rush in 2010 from the Jaguars here at BCC. At Betus.com they also expect improvement, but maybe not at the same level we do. They have set the over/under for the team's cumulative regular season sacks at 26. 26 sacks would still probably be a disappointment to most fans. However, at Bodog.com they have set Aaron Kampman's over/under for his 2010 sack total at 8.5. That scenario would be much more appealing to the Jaguars fan base.
So what do those two sites as well as two others, SBGGlobal.com and Sportsbook.com, think about the Jaguars chances at winning the AFC South, AFC Championship and Super Bowl?
|Over/Under Regular Season Wins||7||7||6.5||7|
|AFC South Champion||12-1||10-1||24-1||18-1|
|AFC Championship Victory||40-1||30-1||40-1||50-1|
|Super Bowl XLV Victory||100-1
Here are some other Jaguars related props:
- David Garrard 2010 Passing Yards - 3250
- David Garrard 2010 Touchdown Passes - 15.5
- Maurice Jones-Drew 2010 Rushing Yards - 1250
- Maurice Jones-Drew 2010 Receiving Yards - 425
- Maurice Jones-Drew 2010 Receptions - 52.5
- Maurice Jones-Drew 2010 Total Touchdowns - 13.5
- Mike Sims-Walker 2010 Receiving Yards - 925
- Mike Sims-Walker 2010 Receptions - 70
- Mike Sims-Walker 2010 Total Touchdowns - 6.5
- Mike Thomas 2010 Receiving Yards - 500
- Aaron Kampman 2010 Sacks - 8.5
- 2010 Jacksonville Jaguars Team Interceptions - 15
- 2010 Jacksonville Jaguars Team Sacks - 26