While the Jaguars defense has been ravaged by injuries, the unit came together for a strong performance against the Buccaneers that included seven turnovers. With five defensive starters out and two rookies starting in the secondary, they got out to a slow start but rebounded with several very impressive plays.
- On the play right after the two minute warning for the first half, Daryl Smith sacked Josh Freeman on the one yard line and forced a fumble that was recovered by Nate Collins for a touchdown.
- With just over a minute remaining in the first half, Ashton Youboty fought off Mike Williams to intercept a Freeman pass at about midfield and set up the Jaguars for another chance to score before halftime.
- Paul Posluszny kept the second half momentum going for the Jaguars by intercepting a pass intended for LeGarrette Blount on the Buccaneers first offensive possession of the half.
- After Blount broke free for a 23 yard gain, down the left side of the field he was tracked down by Russell Allen who stripped the ball free which was recovered by Jeremy Mincey.
- Drew Coleman sacked and forced a fumble from Freeman in the fourth quarter. Although it was recovered by the Buccaneers it pushed them into a 3rd & long situation that they were unable to convert.