The Jacksonville Jaguars will be receiving the Baltimore Ravens fourth- and fifth-round picks in the 2014 NFL Draft for left tackle Eugene Monroe, according to a report by Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union.
Initially the deal was reported to be for three "third day" picks, but it's not being reported it will be two.
The additional picks now give the Jaguars a total of 10 draft picks for the 2014 NFL Draft, which can go a long way for a team that is in need of a total roster rebuild. The Jaguars now have two picks in the fourth round of the draft as well as three picks in the fifth round, as the team got a fifth-round pick for wide receiver Mike Thomas last season.
The best the Jaguars likely would have received for Monroe as a compensatory pick by letting him walk in free agency was a fourth-round pick.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Eugene Monroe trade: More moves could be on the way for the Jaguars
- Eugene Monroe says trade is 'definitely a good thing,' but wishes Jaguars well
- Jaguars news roundup 10/2
- Eugene Monroe trade approval poll: Was Jaguars-Ravens swap smart?
- Jaguars trade Eugene Monroe to Ravens for 'multiple draft picks'