Maurice Jones-Drew uncertain about his Jaguars future - NFL.com
Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew held a news conference Monday, but he couldn't speak about the biggest story surrounding him. He was told by lawyers not to discuss his alleged involvement in a May 26 fight at a Florida restaurant. Jones-Drew said that an "unfortunate incident" occured, but otherwise he couldn't speak about it. He did regret bringing negative attention to the team. "It's a big distraction, and I never want to be a distraction to this team, period," Jones-Drew said, via The Florida Times-Union.
5 Undrafted Jacksonville Jaguars Players Who Could Prove to Be Gems | Bleacher Report | Bleacher Report
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a team in transition after suffering through a franchise-worst 2-14 record last season. The team is midway through its first offseason of overhauling its roster. Gone are the high-priced veterans who were responsible for last year's poor record. Instead, the Jaguars have opted for a youth movement, which began during the 2013 NFL draft. General manager David Caldwell addressed some of the team's biggest needs in the draft by finding immediate starters in Luke Joeckel, John Cyprien and Dwayne Gratz.
Will a former Dallas Cowboy be the Jaguars' No. 1 cornerback this season? | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW
Aside from rocky tenure as one of the Cowboys' starting safeties in 2010, Alan Ball has spent his NFL career as a backup. But that could be about to change. According to Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union, Ball made "the right kind of impression" with the Jacksonville Jaguars' coaching staff and is on pace to be the team's top cornerback. "He played 100 snaps last year for Houston, but the Jaguars were intrigued enough by his size (6-foot-2, 197 pounds) to give him a two-year contract in the opening days of free agency," O'Halloran wrote. "As of now, he is the team’s No. 1 corner."
Maurice Jones-Drew shouldn't let stuff get to him - ESPN
That’s an admirable desire for a guy who’s been a productive player and still qualifies as the face of his franchise. Last year's unsuccessful holdout and recent accusations that he threw a punch at a Jacksonville-area restaurant haven’t served him well. He didn’t offer any comment on the accusation when he spoke with Jacksonville media on Monday, hardly a surprise considering it’s an ongoing investigation and he reportedly has not met with or spoken to police about it. I’m sure he does all he can to protect his kids from questions about something like the alleged punch, and it’s an unfortunate side effect of celebrity that when such a thing happens relatives are affected.