The Jacksonville Jaguars will begin mandatory minicamp on Tuesday, with all players participating outside of those who are sidelined with an injury. The Jaguars are expecting all of their available players to be in attendance, even Maurice Jones-Drew who has been in Miami rehabbing his foot injury, though he will not participate in any drills or activities during the week.
Per the collective bargaining agreement:
Section 2. Mandatory Veteran Minicamp: No mandatory veteran tn1l11camp may exceed three days in length, plus one day for physical examinations. The minicamp must be conducted during the week (Monday through Friday), with physicals taking place on Monday but no practice or workouts on that day, practices on Tuesday through Thursday and a day off on Friday.
The minicamp must be conducted during week three or week four of Phase Three of the Club's offseason workout program.
The Phase Three rules set forth in Article 21, Section 2(b)(iii) of this Agreement shall apply to all mini camp activities. Two-a-day practices shall be permitted at two of the three practice days of the Club's one mandatory minicamp, subject to the following rules:
1. Players may be on the field for a total of no more than three and one-half hours per day;
2. Players may participate in one practice for no more than two and one-half hours of on-field activities under Phase Three rules;
3. The second practice may only be for the remaining portion of the players' daily three and one-half hour on-field activities and shall be limited to walk-through instruction only;
4. No organized team activities (including treatment and taping) may begin prior to 7:00am local time or end after 8:30pm local time, and players shall be given at least one hour for lunch and dinner each;
5. Players may only be asked to participate in Club activities for a maximum of ten hours per day including taping and treatment but excluding meal time. The on-field time limits described above shall begin as soon as position coaches begin to coach players on the field.
As with OTA practices, there will be no pads or hitting during the practices during the next three days.
The Jaguars minicamp is closed to the public on Tuesday and Wednesday, but for the final day on Thursday June 13 it will be open to the public, which means you get another chance to watch how the new regime works on the field.
• Former Jaguars LB Daryl Smith signs with the Ravens
• MJD a bit overweight in OTA's, getting into shape