Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert left the practice field on a cart on Monday, after offensive lineman Uche Nwaneri stepped on his ankle late in team drills. Gabbert participated in the team's walkthrough later that day and came out to the practice fields on Wednesday in full pads with the rest of the team, his right ankle heavily taped.
After some position drills and the team moved to team drills, Gabbert went to the trainer's table and was having his foot re-taped.
"You just have to know how to manage it and luckily, it happened in practice 4 [of camp] so we don't have really too much to worry about. It was nice to have that off day [Tuesday]," Gabbert told reporters after practice. "I'll be ready to go tomorrow."
Gabbert sat out 11-on-11 drills for the day, with Mike Kafka underwhelming filling in as the second-team quarterback, but Gabbert did participate on 7-on-7 drills and looked just fine throwing the football, even having a nice throw down the field to rookie Ace Sanders.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars 2013 training camp schedule: Pads go on Wednesday
- Jaguars news roundup: Mincey and Spitz fighting for roles, Alualu adjusting to DE
- Jonathan Cyprien injury: Jaguars safety should catch up quickly
- Denard Robinson running Jaguars wildcat in bounce back practice
- Jacksonville Jaguars scrimmage: Family Night at EverBank