The Jacksonville Jaguars report for their 2013 training camp under new head coach Gus Bradley and general manager Dave Caldwell on July 25, with their first practice taking place on the next day at 9:55 AM.
The Jaguars enter the 2013 season without a lot of expectations and a lot of new faces as Dave Caldwell attempts to re-shape and rebuild a roster that's lacked talent for a few seasons. Coming off the worst season in franchise history, most Jaguars fans are simply looking for improvement on the field and something entertaining to watch than anything else, knowing that the team needs to be re-built from the ground up.
To get you ready for training camp, we're going to steal a series from our Broncos blog Mile High Report, and breakdown everything leading up to camp so that you know what to look for and who to watch. Well be breaking down the positions groups each day with three looks for each position to get you ready for training camp.
- A training camp preview: A look at the players at the position, their careers up to this point, and what to expect from training camp.
- 2012 vs. 2013: Did we improve? We'll look at the group from last season and compare it to what we have heading into training camp, then ask if the position was improved.
- One player in-depth: We'll single out a player from the group, likely someone who's new, and breakdown what they have to offer and their chances of making the final roster and contributing.
We'll begin these breakdowns on Monday, July 8 and will continue until the beginning of training camp.
Training Camp Position Preview Schedule:
- Sat July 6th - Tight ends (Preview, Did they improve?, Will Ryan Otten contribute early?)
- Sun July 7th - Linebackers (Preview, Did they improve? Will Geno Hayes start?)
- Mon July 8th - Offensive Tackles (Preview, Did they improve? Luke Joeckel will improve line play)
- Tue July 9th - Cornerback (Preview, Did they improve?, The new faces at the position)
- Wed July 10th - Centers and Guards (Preview, Film Room: Zone Blocking, Will Rackley could be key)
- Fri July 12th - LEO Ends (Preview, Andre Branch could make big leap)
- Sun July 14th - Special Teams (Preview)
- Mon July 15th - Wide Receivers (Preview, Ace Sanders can help return game)
- Tue July 16th - Safeties (Preview, Examining the Cover-3, Josh Evans will push for starting job)
- Wed July 17th - Running Backs (Preview)
- Fri July 19th - Defensive Tackles (Preview, Did they improve?)
- Sun July 21th - Coaches (Preview)
- Mon July 22nd - 5-Technique Defensive Ends (Preview, Alualu's career could be salvaged)
- Tue July 23rd - Quarterback (Preview)
- Wed July 24th - Wrap-up, 53-Man Roster Prediction (Roster Prediction)
I will once again be at all of the open training camp practices as I have been in the past and will provide training camp reports each day, hopefully up an hour or so after practice has concluded, including any interesting soundbites from the staff or players I can get.