Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon recently underwent groin surgery, according to a report by Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union. Blackmon was limited for some of the Jaguars OTA sessions and was held out of the final practice, but there is hope he will be ready to go for the start of training camp in three weeks time.
The team will be without Blackmon for the first four weeks of the 2013 NFL regular season, but it's still vital to have him ready to go for training camp and the preseason to get reps in Jedd Fisch's offense.
Blackmon is the third Jaguars player to have groin surgery this offseason, coincidentally, as defensive end Jason Babin and rookie quarterback Jordan Rodgers both had groin surgery during the summer.
• Jaguars announce plans for new scoreboards, NFL's largest
• Maurice Jones-Drew avoids misdemeanor assault charges
• Jaguars Film Room: Stopping the run with the Cover-3
• Things to watch in Jaguars training camp
• Denard Robinson listed as "Offensive Weapon" on depth chart