The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed another one of their 2013 rookie class, as the team has signed "offensive weapon" Denard Robinson, according to a report by Ryan O'Halloran of The Florida Times-Union.
Robinson signing bonus slot is $213,612 and salary cap slot is $458,403. #Jaguars— Ryan O'Halloran (@ryanohalloran) July 9, 2013
The Jaguars made a surprise selection in the fifth-round with Robinson, who played quarterback in college at Michigan, noting he would be playing the running back position in the NFL.
During OTA practices the team used Robinson all over the field, hence the new position name of "offensive weapon", lining him up at wide receiver, running back, wildcat quarterback, and even returning some kicks.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Luke Joeckel should drastically improve Jaguars offensive line
- Did the Jacksonville Jaguars improve at offensive tackle in 2013?
- Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 training camp preview: Offensive tackles
- Can Geno Hayes earn a Jaguars starting LB role?
- Did the Jacksonville Jaguars improve at linebacker in 2013?