Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert looked as good as he ever has during the first half of Saturday's preseason game against the New York Jets, but the day ended for Gabbert with a sprained thumb on his throwing hand, the team announced.
Gabbert, 23, threw an incomplete pass on a third down that would have been his last play of the game regardless, but his hand collided with the helmet of a Jets player on the follow through of his pass.
The injury was an unfortunate end to a very strong night for the Jaguars quarterback, as Gabbert completed 13-of-16 passes on the night for 165 yards, including a five-yard touchdown to tight end Allen Reisner on the opening drive of the game.
Gabbert was replaced on the subsequent drive by Chad Henne, although it was likely the plan of the team to put Henne in at that time, regardless. Henne finished the first half with 1-of-4 passes completed.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars vs. Jets 2013: First half game thread
- Jaguars vs. Jets 2013: Maurice Jones-Drew, Justin Blackmon will play
- Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 roster cheat sheet for Jets preseason game
- Jaguars vs. Jets preseason 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, odds and more
- Chad Henne not disappointed in Jaguars QB decision