Lewis tweaked his calf in pre-game warmups last Saturday against the New York Jets and was held out of the game. The Jaguars have held Lewis out of practice all week and finally ruled him out of the game.
In his place, Allen Reisner is going to start for Lewis with the first team offense. Reisner has had a nice preseason and training camp, climbing the depth chart and catching a touchdown against the Jets on the opening drive.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Seahawks roster bubble could provide possible Jaguars waiver claims
- Eagles vs. Jaguars 2013: Everything you need to know
- Eagles vs. Jaguars 2013 injury report: Jacksonville still nursing minor knocks
- Gus Bradley and Shad Khan are 'weak and insecure', according to ESPN
- Marcedes Lewis injury: Jaguars TE misses practice