Neither claim is all that surprising, as the linebacker position seemed to be one that would be shuffled around on the waiver wire and the quarterback position after Chad Henne was iffy at best.
Knox was an undrafted free agent signed by the Seahawks after the 2013 NFL Draft and Stanzi was originally a fifth-round draft pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, but never actually played a game for the Chiefs.
Arrowhead Pride on Ricky Stanzi:
What did the Jaguars get in Ricky Stanzi? Your guess is as good as mine. Stanzi was never an option for the Chiefs for some reason. From Matt Cassel to Tyler Palko to Kyle Orton to Brady Quinn, the Chiefs went through quarterbacks and never played Stanzi. Granted, that's coming from two head coaches who have since been fired, but it's one of the amazing facts about Stanzi. You're no longer rootin' for the black and teal, Jacksonville. You're rootin' for the red, white and blue.
To make room on the roster the Jaguars waived tight end Isaiah Stanback and running back De'Leon Eskridge.
More from Big Cat Country:
- NFL roster cuts 2013: Projecting the Jaguars final 53
- Jacksonville Jaguars 2013 season preview: SB Nation Q&A
- Will Rackley injury: Jaguars guard says he has a sprain, no structural damage
- Jaguars vs. Falcons 2013: Maurice Jones-Drew unlikely to play
- NFL roster cuts: Jaguars have a battle at defensive end