The Jacksonville Jaguars have trimmed their roster to 54 players by releasing 21 players on Friday, as the team has to get to the 53-man roster limit by Saturday at 6 p.m. Most of the released players aren't a big shocker and easy cuts, but there were some tough decisions.
The biggest name released was Pannel Egboh, but his release was something a lot of people could see coming.
Players released: wide receiver Jeremy Ebert, defensive end Pannel Egboh, quarterback Mike Kafka, running back Jonathan Grimes, linebacker Brandon Marshall, wide receiver Charly Martin, offensive tackle Pat McQuistan, guard Drew Nowak, cornerback Kevin Rutland, defensive tackle D'Anthony Smith, linebacker Julian Stanford and cornerback Marcus Trufant, wide receiver Toney Clemons and defensive end Ryan Davis, defensive tackle T.J. Barnes, offensive tackle R.J. Dill, tight end Ryan Otten, wide receiver Tobais Palmer, quarterback Matt Scott, safety Steven Terrell and linebacker Mike Zimmer.
Note: The team can sit at 54 players because of the Justin Blackmon suspension.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Jaguars vs. Falcons 2013 final score: Jacksonville earns first preseason victory, 20-16
- Jaguars roster bubble, pre-roster cuts edition
- Justin Blackmon suspension: Jaguars WR benefits from new rule
- Jaguars sign Will Blackmon
- Jaguars claim Kyle Knox: Meet the new linebacker