Jacksonville Jaguars "offensive weapon" Denard Robinson has officially changed his number from No. 29 to No. 16, the number he wore at Michigan.
Two players have changed their numbers. One of these may look familiar. pic.twitter.com/bisNbOgHry— Jacksonville Jaguars (@jaguars) August 6, 2013
There was some wondering if Robinson would swap to his college number, but being listed as a running back was presenting a problem because of the NFL's restriction on position numbering. By the Jaguars listing Robinson as an "offensive weapon" and putting him all over the depth chart, including at quarterback, it must give them a loophole to be able to wear No. 16.
Robinson swapped numbers with Jordan Shipley, who now wears No. 15. No word on if the veteran made the rookie buy him something.
More from Big Cat Country:
- Sanders realizing untapped receiving potential in Jacksonville
- Jaguars tease new player introduction
- Jaguars depth chart: Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne both listed as No. 1 QB
- Cecil Shorts injury: Jaguars WR sits out practice with calf strain
- Behind enemy lines: rooting for the Jacksonville Jaguars up north