Six days after the end of the regular season, Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports the Tennessee Titans have decided to part ways with Mike Munchak after he served three seasons as the head coach of the franchise.
Munchak, 53, played 12 seasons in the NFL, all with the Houston Oilers, earning nine Pro Bowl nods and a Pro Football Hall of Fame induction in 2001. However, in three seasons as a head coach, the Titans accumulated a 22-26 record and failed to make the postseason all three times, despite making some significant investments in free agency.
With the news, every team that lost to the Jaguars during the 2013 season elected to fire their coach during, or at the conclusion of, the season.
- 2014 NFL Draft: Bowl prospects 1/4 (BBVA Compass)
- 2014 Senior Bowl: Three NFL Draft prospects to watch for the Jaguars in Mobile
- NFL playoff schedule 2014: How to watch the games
- Jacksonville Jaguars 2014 Free Agents: Maurice Jones-Drew headlines the group
- 2014 Senior Bowl roster: Jaguars working with the South Team