The NFL and CBS announced on Wednesday that Thursday Night Football games will now also be broadcast on the CBS network for the 2014 season.
via NFL Communications:
CBS will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs. The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.
The full slate of 16 regular-season games will be produced by CBS with its lead broadcasters and production team, including JIM NANTZ and PHIL SIMMS, on all Thursday night games. In a new twist, NFL Network hosts and analysts will be featured in the pregame, halftime and postgame shows along with CBS Sports announcers.
Also worth noting that with this agreement, late season Saturday NFL football games will now be back. If you remember in the past after the NCAA season wound-down, the NFL would have a handful of Saturday afternoon games.
- 2014 National signing day results: List of Jaguars players as recruits
- NFL teams that have never won the Super Bowl: Jaguars among 13
- 2014 NFL Mock Draft database (2/4)
- Super Bowl 48 results: Champion Seahawks could supply Jaguars with free agent targets
- EverBank Field renovations: New renderings of Jaguars stadium scoreboards revealed