The NFL draft is just six days away and thank God because I'm already over it and burnt out about the draft. The extra two weeks is probably one of the worst things known to man.
Anyway, as we inch closer to the actual NFL draft taking place, we'll look once again at some crazy mock drafts that are sure to be completely wrong and wildly inaccurate on draft day.
For example, ESPN experts Mel Kiper and Todd McShay rotated picks for a three-round mock draft and here are the results of the Jaguars picks:
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - McShay's pick: Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo
Analysis: We need a quarterback, but Mack is one of the four elite players in this draft class, and we think he's long enough to play the "Leo" role (hybrid DE/OLB) in Gus Bradley's defensive scheme, but if not, we can move him to linebacker. Regardless, he's an every-down impact defender.
39. Jacksonville Jaguars - McShay's pick: Tom Savage, QB, Pittsburgh
Analysis: Savage is the fourth-ranked QB in my board, and with Mack being our choice at No. 3, this is a good spot to try to land a quarterback whom we can hopefully develop into a starter.
70. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kiper's pick: Josh Huff, WR, Oregon
Analysis: With additions to the pass rush and a QB prospect in the fold, Huff comes in as insurance with the uncertainty surrounding Justin Blackmon. Huff will make the contested catch and is underrated as a playmaker with the ball in his hands.
- The first two picks off the board are Jadeveon Clowney and Sammy Watkins, so the selection of Mack makes sense.
- The pick of Savage is baffling, partly because he's not very good and partly because guys like Zach Mettenberger, Jimmy Garoppolo and even A.J. McCarron are on the board still. Savage is also a quarterback the Jaguars haven't really showed very much interest in.
- The Texans walk away with Jadeveon Clowney and Teddy Bridgewater in this mock, so screw that.
- I like Josh Huff as a player, but based on how this mock went I think I'd rather have Gabe Jackson or Russell Bodine with this pick to strengthen up the interior offensive line.
Don't forget to Donate to the BCC Jay Fund Draft Drive
In the "Dedicated To" field, simply enter "Big Cat Country" so we can keep track of the donations. Every amount helps.