It’s been a tough few seasons for the Jacksonville Jaguars under Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley, but by all accounts this should be the season we should start to see some of the results from the rebuilding on the field in a more consistent manner than in years past.
There are a multitude of stories to pay attention to when you’re attending training camp, which will have plenty of dates open to the public. If you’d like to go watch training camp for yourself, here is the schedule:
Monday, July 27: Rookies, Quarterbacks, First-Year players report (media availability TBA)
Thursday, July 30: Players report (media availability TBA)
Friday, July 31: Practice at 9:55 a.m. (open to season ticket members only)
Saturday, August 1: Practice at 9:55 a.m.
Sunday, August 2: Practice at 9:55 a.m.
Monday, August 3: Practice at 6:00 p.m. (Mandarin High School)
Tuesday, August 4: Players day off – no practice
Wednesday, August 5: Practice at 9:55 a.m. (first day of full pads)
Thursday, August 6: Practice at 9:55 a.m.
Friday, August 7: Practice at 9:55 a.m.
Saturday, August 8: Scrimmage in stadium at 6:15 p.m.
Sunday, August 9: Players day off – no practice
Monday, August 10: Practice at 9:55 a.m.
Tuesday, August 11: Practice at 9:55 a.m.
Wednesday, August 12: Practice at 9:55 a.m.
While I won’t be at all the camp dates this year, we will round up some observations from Twitter with what people are seeing, as well as what the coaches and players are saying after each day of camp. I will attend some days, and be sure the ones I do will have a full practice report with them.
As mentioned, there are quite a few stories of training camp worth following that we will expound on later, but here’s a quick list of the 10 things I’m looking for at training camp:
- Does Blake Bortles look improved?
- What does the first team offensive line look like?
- Is Allen Robinson going to be the go-to guy?
- Does Julius Thomas look like the real deal?
- How does the running back pecking order look?
- Does Greg Olson’s offense look that much different than Jedd Fisch’s?
- What UDFAs are standing out?
- Do any of the big time free agent signings stand out, good or bad?
- Who’s going to step up at the LEO position with Dante Fowler Jr. out all year?
Is Tyson Alualu cut yet?
- Where are Sen’Derrick Marks and Roy Miller in recovery?
What are you looking for in camp?