Boy that was fun, huh? The Jaguars got absoutely smacked in the mouth by the Tennessee Titans on national television on Thursday night, which has now lead to Greg Olson being fired, and Nathaniel Hackett being promoted to offensive coordinator. The Jaguars were an embarrassment in every facet of the game, including their penalties, which have been a problem all season long. Jacksonville actually had a season low of eight penalties, but those eight included some more boneheaded transgressions.
Here are all of the Jaguars penalties from week eight, courtesy of NFLPenalties.com
- False Start - Carson Tinker - 5 yards
- Unnecessary Roughness - Jalen Ramsey - 15 yards
- Unnecessary Roughness - Dante Fowler - 15 yards
- Interference with opportunity to catch - Arrelious Benn - 15 yards
- Offensive Holding - AJ Cann - 10 yards
- Ineligible Downfield Pass - Patrick Omameh - 0 yards (declined)
- Offensive Holding - Brandon Linder - 10 yards
- False Start - Brandon Linder - 5 yards
TOTAL FOR GAME: 8 penalties, 75 yards
You can look at the total number of penalties on the year here. SPOILER ALERT: Dante Fowler leads the team in penalties. It might be safe to say he has more penalties this year than he does impact plays. He really IS trying to be the next Chris Clemons!
On a more serious note, it will be interesting to see how some players respond to Gus Bradley’s words/actions regarding their lack of discipline. Bradley has really been chiding the aforementioned Fowler, even going so far as to ‘bench’ him for the remainder of the first half after his penalty Thursday night. I say ‘bench’ for the following reason:
Fowler sat 2 drives. One was a 3 play scoring drive. https://t.co/mv0iIDvEMk— bye EverBank (@AlfieBCC) October 28, 2016
Gus Bradley, a true hard ass!