Another week of the 2016 season has come and gone, and not much has changed around Jacksonville. The Jaguars lost once again, bringing their record to 2-7 on the year. If you were trying to find a positive from this game, the Jags did manage to match their season-low penalty count, with six total penalties.
Here are all of the penalties from the Jaguars matchup against the Texans, courtesy of NFLPenalties.com.
- Offensive Holding - Jermey Parnell - 10 yards
- Defensive Pass Interference - Jalen Ramsey - 0 yards (Offsetting)
- Defensive Holding - Jalen Ramsey - 0 yards (Declined)
- Unnecessary Roughness - Dante Fowler - 15 yards
- Unnecessary Roughness - Unnamed - 15 yards
- Offensive Holding - Patrick Omameh - 10 yards
TOTAL: 6 penalties, 50 yards
As seen above, there were very few penalties this week, but some very concerning ones. It seems like Jermey Parnell is getting a holding penalty every week, in addition to his sub-par play. Of course the biggest standout is that Dante Fowler, once again, had a boneheaded personal foul. That was his third 15 yard penalty on the year. The lack of discipline this year has been evident with the team overall, and has really been magnified with Fowler.
Here is the running tally of the Jaguars penalties for the season.