It really can't get any worse for the Jacksonville Jaguars. They were beat by the Denver Broncos yesterday by a score of 20-10 — in a game where, if you look at some of Denver’s stats and not the score, the Jaguars should have won.
So naturally, the Jaguars found a way to lose.
Blake Bortles threw his 11th career pick six — that’s more pick sixes than he has career wins (10). The run game was non existent. The receivers dropped what should have been easy catches, etc. However, these weren’t even the most embarrassing aspects of the game.
Denver would not beat any other team in the NFL with some of the stat compilations they put together. Here’s some of the most mind blowing stats you'll ever see that Denver won the game with:
- Paxton Lynch went 50% on throws for 104 yards, and Denver had a total of 104 rush yards between five guys, and still beat the Jaguars by double digits.
- Denver punter Riley Dixon had 11 punts today and the Broncos still beat the Jaguars by double digits.
- Denver, who leads the league with 36 sacks this season, had zero true sacks (the fumble at the end of the game didn't count as a sack) on Blake Bortles and the Jaguars still lost by double digits.
- Denver went 1/13 (7%) on 3rd downs today, and still beat the Jaguars by double digits.
- Denver’s time of possession was 25 minutes and 26 seconds, and still beat the Jaguars by double digits.
Denver’s a good team. However, they should not have beaten the Jaguars considering these stats. I'm not sure that any other team in the NFL could have lost in this fashion.
Hound me for being negative all you want, there's just not much to say anymore — it can't get any worse, right?